Tuesday, February 17, 2009

More vintage photos on Facebook and other tidbits

Jeff Weit just uploaded some great photos from the 70's to his Facebook page. He has group pictures from 1975 and 1976 as well as others. Neil Rector now has a box of negatives he is scanning and putting on disks for us. He is a saint! I am trying to label all the photos people keep tagging on Facebook to help with completing missing historical data. Please keep spreading the word to any CCC people you know.

Emily Elders Balestrini, Greta Foraker Dedmon, Marc Friedman, Joel Hoffman and Peter Conheim all got together recently for a little alumni social time in the Bay Area. I believe all these alumni came to Coppercreek in the early to mid 80's.

I have to add Emily just had a showing of her linoleum cut blocks as part of The Uptown Art Walk in Sacramento this last weekend. Very cool.

Sarah Bjerklie visited me (Lornie) at a camp fair in Los Angeles, February 8th. She was, as usual, beautiful, fun, funny and helpful!

We will be in Mill Valley March 1st, Roseville March 22nd and Phoenix March 28th and 29th for Home Gatherings. Alumni are always invited! We will send out invitations to those on the alumni database but if you are not signed up yet and want to attend, just let me know. I would love to see you!

Now...back to shoveling...

2 comments:

  1. I attended Coppercreek Camp in the early 70's and have thought of my amazing experiences there many times. My daughter's riding instructor, Deb, showed up one day with a Coppercreek t-shirt and I was so thrilled to hear you are still doing camp! We recently moved to Boulder, CO, but will be in the Roseville area on March 22. Perhaps I can come to the gathering and bring my daughter? Where and when?
    Your folks used to use a poem I wrote in the brochure. I was so proud to see it in print, though I've long since lost it. So glad you're keeping on! Fondly, Connie Minden (cminden@q.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am John Nielsen. I worked at Coppercreek Camp in the 1970s as well. I was a diswasher one summer and a camp counselor the next. It was a wonderful experience and it really helped to prepare me for a career in education. Now, I am a nearly retired school teacher, but I still have fond memories of Coppercreek Camp. John Nielsen .... jnielsen@rsdnmp.org

    ReplyDelete