Monday, April 20, 2009

Wonderful Spring Break



What is Spring Break like at Coppercreek? Usually the mornings were spent working- cutting wood, raking, cleaning pens, thinning trees with the backhoe, general maintenance...etc...but on a few afternoons, Sutter and I pulled the horses out and had some fun. Sutter spent all of Wednesday raking the pine needles off the sand in the jump arena and moving jumps. She sat next to me on the tractor while I disced up the sand. (We don't use the jump arena in the winter) and planned her jump course. What a lucky mother I am. My 16 year old daughter actually likes hanging out with me and we had "catch up time" while toodling around on the John Deer. After the course was set, Sutter jumped Christy and I took a spin on Valor and Caro. We always give each other tips, exchange horses, teach each other and talk about possible upcoming shows. For any campers following the blog, Caro was a perfect gentleman and packed me like a champ!

No comments:

Post a Comment